Friday, July 22, 2011

Blog prompt 1

1) Why do you think National Service is important to Singapore?

National Service serves two main purposes: Promotion of harmony and preparation for the time when we have to defend ourselves. Both are equally crucial to the growth of Singapore. Singapore is a small country and harmony is important, for without it, there will be unrest among the people. National Service promotes harmony by putting men of all races through the same process, hence effectively bonding them together. It promotes teamwork and also teaches men to defend our country in times of need.

2) In the above poem, the speaker expresses his love for his country England. Do you have the same spirit for patriotism towards Singapore? Why?

Yes, I have the same spirit for patriotism. Singapore has helped me to become what I am today, and is the country I grew up in, and provided for me.

3) Do you consider yourself a patriot to your country?
I do not consider myself a patriot to my country to the extent of wanting to give up my life for Singapore yet. However, I do consider myself patriotic enough to want to return to the society what it has given to me. Unlike certain others, I do CIP activities with the intention to help, not just for the sake of CIP hours.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger darrel said...

Hi this is Darrel. I think you have got the definition of being a patriot wrong as it involves giving up everything you have for your country and doing CIP is definitely not considered an act of patriotism. However, I do like your way of expressing your points which are clear cut, but you may want to consider having bigger font size? Thanks!

Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 8:07:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home